Monday, June 05, 2006

No knitting yet today!

Tonight is my book club meeting - we just finished the Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd - I'm not finished it - which is a pet peeve of mine - I am bothered when people in the club don't finish the book. I've been racing around since first thing this morning - our pool went in today and my little one decided that she had a stomach ache just as the guys started to work on it, so I had to threaten her with wearing her pyjamas to school. I know she just wanted to stay and watch them work - she probably thought she would be able to swim today as soon as it was done. I had some errands to run and then I came home to clean, clean, clean - thinking the whole time that I was wasting valuable knitting time. It's now 4 pm and the food is prepared, the house is clean so I have to finish the book - less than 50 pages and maybe I will find some time before everyone arrives to knit. I'm the host for tonight so I get to pick the next book - I chose Wedding in December by Anita Shreve. Nothing too heavy! Sarah can read and knit - hmmmm - maybe I should try that.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad to know you're keeping up the pace. hehehe.Hope you are having a good week. C ya Wednesday for Pizza.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»