Sunday, June 04, 2006

Mastering Lace















More mail came on Friday - some Sock Hop yarn from Crown Mountain. It's hand spun, hand dyed sock yarn that is amazing - no pictures of that yet because I am completely in love with the above project. This is a Koigu Lace Shawl - it's done in 5 different colorways. You can't really see the lace pattern but once it's blocked it is going to be fantastic. I also got the yarn for a Charlotte's Web Shawl but have to wait for Sarah's to come in because Sarah, Meghan, and myself are going to have a knit a long - anyone else care to join? Anyway....back to my lace shawl - I'm already 1/3 of the way through it - this has the potential to be a finished project!

We had a great day at the store yesterday - a socks on 2 circular class in the morning - then we decided to order lunch. You just never know what's going to happen at Unwind - particularly on a Saturday. Next Saturday is the WWKIP day and it should be lots of fun.

Here the Koigu colorway for Charlotte's Web - pretty, eh? My husband keeps saying who's going to wear all these shawls - and I keep saying, me! He just doesn't get it!










Here's Sock Hop in "The Beat Goes On" colorway. Meghan got "Brown Eyed Girl" and she cast on yesterday. It's great stuff. So wonderfully natural looking. I can't wait for these - but I keep promising myself that I must finish the other works in progress before I cast on one more thing. I said that the lace shawl was my last new cast on until I finished everything else. The only thing that's in my favour is right at the moment I don't have any new yarn on the way to me.....so I might, possibly, perhaps have a chance! Yeah, right???

No comments: