or make me want to scream!
1. People who insist on talking on their cell phones in public in a loud voice as if everyone in the world should be fasinated and transfixed by their conversations. Today, my sister and I went for breakfast at the Bayview Diner in Newmarket and there was this guy a couple of tables away that was not only talking on his cell phone in public but using the walkie talkie option so we got to hear both sides. He was sitting with this gorgeous blond woman and I tell you, if I'd been her I would have grabbed that phone, hit him in the head and walked out!
2. There is a new subdivision that is going in near where I live. A regular subdivision just like many others, except for their advertising. It's called the Bayview Club and there are pictures of horses, wild life, it looks very serene - now I'm sorry but these are 30 foot lots - there is not a friggin horse to be seen for miles - the only wildlife is the wildlife that's been scared away by the bulldozers, dump trucks and coffee trucks. For whatever reason, this false advertising drives me nuts!
3. Chewing crunchy stuff like chips when it's quiet. This I definitely get from my grandfather - when I was little and was chomping on a hard candy, he'd give me this look and say "Don't chew the candy!" So now I've expanded it to include anything crunchy at all - if I'm crunching along with you that's fine but if I'm not - look out!
4. No snow - I never thought I'd say it but I miss the snow - the snow in the country in beautiful. There is nothing like getting up in the morning and having everything covered in a blanket of white.
5. Rudeness to seniors. My dear grandmother is an 87 year old dynamo and I cannot stand when people are rude to her. I feel like a mama bear with her cub. She says you become invisible when you are old so I always, always make an effort to be nice to every single older person I meet - let them go first, open the doors for them, offer to help them carry their packages. I figure if I'm nice to them then hopefully, someone will be nice to my grandmother when she needs it.
6. People that say, "oh, you are so crafty!" as if I have a disease of some sort or, because I choose to spend time creating something with my hands, that I'm somehow at a disadvantage. Like, you poor thing - don't have anything constructive to do with your time? To me, knitting is very constructive and for the information of those who feel some kind of misplaced sympathy for those of us who knit - let it be known that we feel sorry for you!
7. People that honk at me at an intersection when THEY THINK I'm taking too long to turn. How can you possibly judge when it's safe when you can't even see what's coming? One of these days, I'm going to get out of my car, walk to car behind me and say - here you drive, if you think you can do a better job.
Ok....so that might be all that irks me - I'm sure there's more but right now I'm drawing a blank? What about you? What makes you crazy?