Thursday, January 25, 2007

Progress?


Ok so I promised progress and there's not much! Mainly because I frogged about 25 rows last night and switched from Claudia Handpainted to Mama E's Pick Up Sticks Signature for the varigated yarn. The whole time I was knitting I was thinking I don't really like this - I want more contrast but I kept knitting until around 8 pm last night when I tore it all out to start again. The stitch work is simple but detailed and the Pink Dot Claudia Yarn had lots of pink in it so you couldn't really see the detail. It says in the pattern to choose either a yarn that contrasts or blends - I guess it just depends on the look you want. But....if I'm going to do all this slipping stitches and yarn forward, back, over and sideways you can be sure I want to see it.

Today it's absolutely freezing here and so it's a great day for knitting - I have some parcels to get out and then it's back to this sock.

4 comments:

Isobel said...

I really like the contrast,also. The pink was very nice but the darker colour really shows of the work better.
Our other shih tzu Scotia, is like your Barkley, she goes out does her duty on the deck and runs back in. There are times she looks at you with sheer disgust (you know the look) at being asked to leave the couch.

LaDawn said...

These are beautiful! I can't imagine ever knitting like this!

goldwman said...

Where is that Two Feet in Tuscany Pattern from......it looks like fun...I tried googling and am still laughing at the results.....

Connie said...

Two Feet in Tuscany is available at Pick Up Sticks in the sock pattern section -
Connie