Wednesday, November 22, 2006

So here I am!

Wowsy-wow-wow-wow! You know, we all know the Yarn Harlot is famous and that knitters from around the world read her blog but man! who would have thought that so much activity could be created from a picture and a few words! From the time the shop got mentioned until last night, I have virtually done nothing but print, pack and wrestle with the tape gun! My husband says I have to work with that stupid gun - Connie, let the tape gun do the work! - right!

The good news is that all VvS 2ply Painted Merinos sold out except for one lonely skein of Winter Pales (any takers? better get to the website before too many people read this!) and that there is more on the way of all the colors. Virginia van Santen considers herself a colorist and it shows! She is talented and the yarn is beautiful! Spinning Bunny also sold out in the most popular colors so Susan is working on a new batch for me this weekend. Yarn Pirate is en route! I'm also restocking in Applelaine Apple Pie and more Sweet Georgia is on the way too! Felicia is a bit behind because of all the rain in Vancouver and the boil water advisory!

I have no pictures of knitting - I haven't seen my needles in two days! Today there will be some major knitting done - I am making no progress on my Christmas knitting and I will not give up on it!

Thank you to everyone who visited Pick Up Sticks! Thank you to Stephanie Pearl McPhee for putting my little shop on the map! And thank you to all of the Indie Dyers who make this so much fun by giving me unique, gorgeous yarn to sell! I'm a very grateful girl today!

4 comments:

Isobel said...

Connie - thank goodness I ordered my VvS and Spinning Bunny when I did, I took advantage of the discount yesterday and ordered two yarns I hand't tried before. I know that you are busy but what a good way to be busy. I am so glad I found you when I did. I don't think I told you how I did. I had wanted to join a sock club for the longest time, but couldn't find one to suit my budget. To find one that will let you pay month by month was a god send. And then to find that you send wonderful yarns and terrific and interesting patterns was a bonus. I am so happy for you that you have found such good fortune in the last few days,

zehava said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm always happy to hear about small family businesses having busy times :) I will be making you busy too, when the new VvS comes in. I took my sweet time about ordering (d'oh!) and saw you sold out :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie:
I saw the blog on Yarn Harlot. Good for you.....time to take over another room in your house with yarn.
I guess you will be much too busy to visit the Castoffs now? We do hope to see you soon.
Sue

Catherine Kerth said...

i am so happy for your success! can't wait for you to get a look at the package I just sent to you...