Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Seacoast Finished Socks

I finished these socks for my daughter on Sunday night and just managed to pry them off her feet this morning. I did the leg part in a twisted rib stitch which makes it thicker so it will be nice and cushy for her skates. The foot I did in stockinette so it wouldn't be so thick.

I got a horrible cold after all the Harlot excitement last week and could barely lift my needles. My husband said that I must really be sick if I wasn't even knitting. I was holding it but no stitches were moving.

Yarn Pirate has created quite a flurry of activity - last night and today. I just placed another order for her Superwash Sock yarn - her colors are really, really good. Oh and VvS 2ply merino should be back in stock on Friday so keep checking! The Yarn Exchange Boxes are all ready to go and look very festive if I do say so myself. I had to change colors of yarn in a couple of cases because lots of participants were choosing the same colors. Seems like there was a theme going on!

This weekend I am having my inlaws for dinner - 25 of them - I'm so happy :(.......................
What possessed me to agree to such a thing? I'd rather be knitting than cooking!

7 comments:

Monika said...

I did a few of those family get together as well and I asked myself, why do that to yourself???
Now, I'm living far away from all relative and would be happy to have them over from time to time. Hope your cold clears up soon! Oh, and the charity hats are ready to go to the post office.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I can't wait for my yarn exchange package! I really do think this is a great idea.

Isobel said...

Sheri - Sorry to hear you are under the weather, but hopefully all the busyness at the shop will help keep your mind off it. Hope you feel better for the weekend, if not you could always suggest that everyone bring their favorite dish and potluck it.
The socks look great and very cosy, my dad used to freeze a patch in the back for us to skate on - my brother played hockey so he would go out everyday and scrape it off and freeze it up - didn't take much to make us happy.
take care - hot toddies all round.

Anonymous said...

I was worried about you and wondered where you had gone!! Glad you're back and the socks look like a lot of fun...good for you for finishing a whole pair!!
See you at pick up sticks! ;-)

Sandra said...

COnnie, those socks are brilliant! Please bring them on Tuesday, I want to see them in person...

Lacey said...

what beautiful, colorful socks

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're sick Connie. Take care of yourself!

I love your daughter's socks - they'll look really pretty with her skates.