Monday, November 13, 2006

I'm a busy, busy girl!




The sock clubs are ready to go and will be sent tomorrow! All the yarn for charity knitting has been spoken for! Thanks to everyone who's participating!
Did you know it's cheaper to send the same size package to the United States than it is to send to another province in Canada? Isn't that weird? Seems to me it should be cheaper within the country! Oh well!






Now onto my addiction - sock yarn! Everytime new yarn arrives I cannot help myself! I MUST, MUST, MUST cast on. This is Spinning Bunny in Clematis - lovely, lovely stuff! I'm a new fan of Merino/Tencel. On Saturday, I actually had another color on my swift and talked myself out of it. Apparently, my self control didn't last for long.

I have done nothing to solve my single sock problem - in fact, it's worse than ever!





Here's my progress on the Seacoast Yarn in Afterglow - these are for my daughter to wear with her figure skates. They come up nice and high and are very cushy! It's my second try on the foot - the first one was too big! I decreased from 72 stitches on the leg to 56 stitches for the foot.




Here's the finished Blackberry Chocolate Mind's Eye. Just to show, that I am really, really trying to knit a second sock I've done the ribbing.

I should have flipped both the above pictures but I was so intent on getting them uploaded after 2 previous tries I forgot!

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

That blackberry chocolate is gorgeous! And I can't wait to see this month's kit. Yea!

Monika said...

You are such a demptres! The Spinning Bunny in Clematis is loveley. I liked that colorway the most. I've got to try the Tencel mix soon.

Anonymous said...

It's thrilling to know that one of those boxes is mine, can't wait for my "socky bocky" to land at my front door. If you don't mind wearing odd socks you can put together one of a kind colour combinations. It doesn't make sense that it would be cheaper to send south of the border than over the province - but that's Canada Post for you.

Anonymous said...

Just look at all the people you have reading your blog!! Good for you; I just got notification re: Sock of the Month -- yea!! Will you come with some of your socks on Thursday? When somebody understands Canada Post...well, when WILL somebody understand Canada Post? At least they still have real people working there!
See you Soon, KnickKname2B

Sarah said...

Are those needles Lanturn Moon? Hmmmmm???? They look very pretty and elegant. I refrained from buying some for myself just the other day...you know with buying a house and all.