Monday, May 14, 2007

Misty the Mini


Here's our new addition, Misty the Mini Horse. Emma is getting her first nuzzle. As I predicted, she was just adorable and of course, we are buying her. She's a sweet, quiet, kind girl and will be a welcome addition to our farm.


















Emma lead her around for a bit - my thinking is that probably Misty will spend more time outside the paddock than in.





Even Liam thought she was pretty cool!









And knitting? Well, not much else to do on a 2.5 hour drive to see a mini but finish a sock. Artyarns color 134 - Monkey pattern from Knitty. It got a bit wonky in the heel because after I finished the heel, Emma decided she's like them for herself. So instead of tearing back - I just shortened the foot. Truth be told - I picked this yarn to knit with because I didn't really like it - when I took it out of the box, I thought what were you thinking - this won't sell. HOWEVER, now I really like it. It's a great summer sock - and the Artyarns merino - I cannot say enough - amazing stuff! You'd swear there was elastic in it, it's so springy! Have you tried it?

Shelridge Farms arrived on Friday and is on the website - great colors. I've snagged 2 Green Apple for myself! No Briar Rose yet - maybe today!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Looks like you have a new look - it's great! Such a adorable horse & it's no wonder that you can't resist. The sock looks great too, must check out the colors.

Sarah said...

I had a feeling you would cave to the little horse. Very cute! I will have to come see it sometime.