Friday, February 16, 2007

Where have I been?

Packing boxes! and packing boxes and packing boxes almost constantly since Monday! Here's today's load going to the post office 7 garbage bags full. It started with Felicia from Sweet Georgia announcing on her blog that she was going to be taking an extended break and continued with the arrival of Duets - which by the way didn't even make it out of the box before all the skeins were packed up and on their way all over the place. Have no fear, though, new Duets will be on their way at the beginning of March.

I'm kind of confused about what day it is - I've done virtually nothing but input orders and pack boxes for the last 3 days - all of which is a good thing! Special thanks to Sarah who came over last night to pack with me, even with the start of a cold! And....stayed to watch Grey's Anatomy with me! Don't even get me started on that - Meredith cannot be dead......or can she be? It's a raging debate in this house - my husband says she can't be because the show is called Grey's Anatomy as in Meredith Grey - still I'm not so sure because I didn't think they'd kill off Denny either.

I've added a few things to my blog - some buttons - feel free to take the Pick Up Sticks button - save it to your computer please. No stealing bandwidth - whatever that means? - I just know it's not a good thing! And....books I'm reading! Nothing goes together better than knitting and books!

Oh....and could I please ask for some advice? I'm off at the beginning of April to Florida for two weeks and am not sure what to do with my shop - should I train someone to do the shipping and packing and worry myself sick that they aren't doing the job in the particular way that I like to have it done OR post a notice that says no orders will be shipped from such and such a date to such and such a date? What do you think?

Have a nice weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just ship the orders when you get back... that's what every other online store I've come across does during vacation time!

Loren said...

I agree with Meghan- ship when you get back-that sure seems to be what other online stores do.

Beaweezil said...

Take the holiday and play catch up when you get back. That way you can just forget about it while you're gone. Besides, we know we're shopping at a one woman operation, that's one of the reasons we do!

Sarah said...

yeah I agree. Everyone needs a vacation. I would just talk a friend or two into coming to help :)

Anonymous said...

If I was a bit closer I'd be happy to do the shipping for you, but really I don't see a problem with just taking a break from it all.

Anonymous said...

Take the time OFF!!! We will wait patiently for your return; just make sure to take lots of pictures to post! And knit up some beauties for us to drool over! Enjoy. KnickKname2B

Kristin Summerlin said...

I wouldn't hire anybody unless I were planning to keep them on after the two weeks. That's not really such a long time, and we can (maybe, kinda, sorta) wait for you to come home.

Enjoy yourself, and don't worry about the shop. We're not going anywhere.