Thursday, February 08, 2007

Gift Socks

I can finally post a picture of what consumed most of last weekend. Socks for Meghan! Meg's favorite color is orange so I chose the Apple Pie solid Pot of Gold and the pattern is Adare Manor which is the first pattern Meghan designed for the sock club! I thought it would be nice for her to actually have a pair of socks for all her hard work. She produces an amazing pattern every single month but by the time she finishes the first sock, gets the pictures done, copies the patterns, it's time to start the next month's design. So finally a pair to thank her for all she does all the time!
I've cast on with a new yarn - well, actually two - yes I know - but it is my job to test out new yarns. One of them is a merino/bamboo sock yarn - I will post a picture as soon as the swatch is done - it's so incredibly soft and cushy - lots of spring! Love it! And.........the other one is merino wool and something else - don't want to say but it's from (oops!) can't say that either but I will post a picture once it gets a bit bigger. The yarn comes with a pattern and it's really a fun one. There's about 75 skeins of it due to arrive in 4-6 weeks. Long wait, eh? But I promise, definitely worth it!


Oh and this yarn - it's Duets! Hand dyed yarn for the sock and a co-ordinating solid for the heel and toe! Pick Up Sticks is one of only three online sources! It's been sent already so by the end of next week at the latest it will be here!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Thank you so much for the gift Connie. Your thoughtfulness is really, really appreciated -- and they're orange!!! My feet are happy today!

I know what the secret yarns are -- and boy are people going to love them!!!

Arianne said...

I think I've died and gone to sock heaven.
I'm sure you can understand that when I saw that photo my eyes widened like a kid in a candy store and the first words out of my mouth were "Want that!"

I can't wait until it's up in the shops. But it better not sell out before I have the spare cash to buy any!!
*points a menacing finger*