Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Socks, socks and more socks!

This yarn is coming to Pick Up Sticks and it is absolutely amazing! I have never worked with anything like it and it's Canadian! It comes with a pattern that's fun and easy but really it's the yarn.....oh, oh, oh the yarn! Fantastic, I say, fantastic!





These are gift socks for my niece's birthday - she's a lucky duck because she gets two pairs that actually both have partners. The other pair was the Mama Llama ones in Winter.

There's new Spinning Bunny being delivered later today and I am crossing my fingers that the Duets Sock yarn arrives today!

We are expecting a big, big winter storm which I have been hoping for all winter. I don't know why but I just want it to snow and snow and snow like it did when I was a kid! Hopefully, the weatherman is not leading us astray!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I hope the Duets comes in before the storm.... I keep checking the site waiting to order.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for snow for you. I'm in Seattle now, but grew up in Michigan and remember well the anticipation of that big winter storm's arrival.

Anonymous said...

Connie I love the socks - I think the first pair is the new Sea Sock. Did you use the 3mm needles they call for in that pattern? I was thinking of using 2.75 or smaller. The other socks for your niece are beautiful. What yarn did you use? Thanks for bringing all this great yarn to our area.

Sharon