Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Six Degrees of Separation

Ok, so, the theory, Six Degrees of Separation, means that one person is only separated by 6 friends of friends of friends of friends to another person in the world. I'd like to test this theory - who is it that I want to be connected with? The Yarn Harlot! Actually, what I would like is a mention of my shop on her blog. I've emailed her twice - but it was during the time that she was finishing her book, her computer pooped out and then she got married. All reasonable explanations for no response, plus I'm sure my email is just one of hundreds and hundreds that she receives. I have actually had a mention in the comments section of her blog but we all know that that is not the same as having the Yarn Harlot herself mention you on her blog. So there you go....somewhere between me and you, separated by a mere 6 people is the Yarn Harlot. Any ideas? Any suggestions? Any connections?

I was lying in bed last night, thinking another contest would be fun. I have three new lines of yarn coming in. All relatively new to the Canadian market, all handpainted sock yarn and all from the U.S. Guess all three companies and win yarn from the company of your choice. It might take a bit of research on your part but all three companies are mentioned on blogs etc.
This contest will run until the end of October. You can guess more than once - in fact, you can guess as many times as you'd like.

Have fun....and don't forget, six degrees people! Six degrees!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I totally understand your desire to be mentioned on the Yarn Harlot website. I'm on the list of Knitting Olympians and I still get hits off of it! Good luck!

Oh, and my guess for the three companies is: All Things Heather, Vesper by Knitterly Things, and Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock. :)

Anonymous said...

She often mentions those who have sent her some yummy yarn, so you might want to try that.

My knowledge of sock yarn is very poor, but here goes:
Blue Moon Fibre Arts Socks that Rock,
Two Sheep Yarns, and Mind's Eye Yarns