Friday, February 11, 2011

Colorwork

I have decided that I love colorwork - I've always had a thing for it - but now it's for sure. Meet Isidora from Spilly Jane with yarn provided by Sunday Knits. Great pattern - really, really great pattern - like how the chart is divided up by needle so you know quickly if you've made a mistake! And the yarn....well, aaaaamazing! Three different blends all the same weight so much fun - you can't really see it in the photo but the light flowers are glowing with angora!Here's the palm of the mitten - different pattern, same colors so it kept things interesting! And the thumb - it's plain - how great is that? - no fiddling with lots of colors. That SpillyJane is a smart cookie - and guess what lots and lots of these kits will be at Pick Up Sticks in about 2 weeks with classes to help you get started on your very own SpillyJane's.


This is another mitt in my bag - Northman mitts - I'm knitting with Mission Falls 136 Superwash Merino - these are a late Xmas (ok, very late!) gift for my friend, Martha - very similar to Fiddlehead in that they are also lined. I'm working on finishing this one now and then going back to finish the other Isidora.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

So pretty...