Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nupps!

Knit my first nupps last night! Kind of challenging but ok - it's a bit of a trick to purl 7 stitches together but I managed it. I picked out yarn to do Annis yesterday - I was diligently working away on Featherweight Cardigan in Viola Fancy Lace which is gorgeous but not very challenging and destined to be long - lace, stockinetted stitch, cardigan - doesn't translate into anything too quick.

Angela and I chose Nichole from Schaeffer yarn in a brilliant pink for Annis and so far I'm loving it. I love the whole construction of this shawl and see tons of possibilities for this. Susanna IC has designed Abrazzo also, and it's on my list of things to do. I think it's going to be in a Tanis Mulberry Silk One of a Kind I picked up at the Knitter's Frolic! You really should check out this whole Arabesque section in Twist Collective - everything is worthy of being cast on!

Have you heard about Yarns On Stage? Pick Up Sticks will be the only shop in Newmarket hosting this fun event on October 16/2010. Yarn shops around the world will be unveiling ten of the best Indie Dyers Limited Edition Colorways on this day! These are never seen and never to be seen again colors that have been produced by such companies as Prism, Twisted Sisters and more.......I can't wait - it's going to be such fun!
We are also participating in a new club from Dream in Color called Dream Club Yarns - each month for 10 months we will be receiving skeins of a new unique hand dyed colorway. Some months it will be a cashmere blend, some it will be Smooshy, some months it will be Groovy Chunky and on and on.... starts in August and ends in May 2011.
No smoking update - 6 mos on July 3rd.
Weight loss - 10lbs as of Wednesday, June 23
Today would have been my parents 45th Wedding Anniversary had my mom still been alive. I'm feeling a bit off because I can't help but think about what might have been. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
We will be closed July 1st to July 5th for Canada Day! And....re-open on July 6th with some surprises!!!!!!

No comments: