Thursday, June 10, 2010

Catch Up



So let's see what's new...

I passed my 5 month-iversary for not smoking on June 3 - yay me!


I joined Jenny Craig - I know not the most healthy, not the most anything except efficient for me at the moment. Still battling the odd smoking craving doesn't leave me much room for anything else sometimes so I decided reaching into the freezer was the best way to go for me especially since I hit a number of weight that I've never in my life seen on the scale and never, ever want to see again. Yesterday was my first weigh in and I lost 7 lbs. I also had a gastro intestinal virus right after I joined which laid me out for 3 days so that probably helped the first week's weight loss. I'm still dealing with some tummy issues and now have to eat only a bland diet for the next 7 days.

It's a yucky day here - I've got a weather headache which just makes me want to go back to bed but it's only me here so someone has to man the operation! ;)

Saturday we are celebrating World Wide Knit in Public Day here - door prizes, store specials, munchies - fun, fun, fun and good knitting company!

So...what to do with two skeins of Tosh Sock in Rhubarb?....First, knit Damson from one skein and a bit and then use the left overs for a cute beaded beret from Churchmouse designs...
<-----See

As for spinning - I finished 100 g and it all fit on one bobbin! I have another 100g of fiber in the same color and then plan to ply it and knit something fantastic!
Emma is in another horse show tomorrow - she's so excited and so are we!
Best wishes to Tanis and Chris of Tanis Fiber Arts on their marriage Saturday June 12 - may you have a lifetime of joy!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Connie! That's very sweet of you to be thinking of us. We can't wait!

Tanis