Friday, December 31, 2010

Not Better But Equal

This post equals the number of 2009 posts and although, I could post twice today - that seems like cheating. Seems I've developed a Repetitive Stress Injury in my right thumb joint which makes knitting and pretty much anything painful.....the knitting marathon for those sweaters for Liam and Quinn have done me in. I'm supposed to rest it and then in the New Year I can get a brace or I can get laser treatment but I do not have to stop knitting. Thank goodness! This morning I was moping around thinking I can't knit anymore, that means I have to sell my business and what will I do with myself, blah, blah, blah - yup, I can be slightly dramatic when the need arises.

Last night I was working away on Umaro - I know, I'm not supposed to be knitting but really - ignore Jared - I don't think so....... Emma comes in the family room with a plate of pomegranate seeds. She tipped the plate slightly and guess what? Yup brilliant pomegranate juice all over me and Jared - I mean Umaro :0 She was really, really sorry and a quick rinse in cold water got the juice off the blanket and off the ball of yarn I was knitting with - lucky for her! And now I have to wait until everything is dry to knit anymore....so my thumb will get some rest.

Do you all have plans for New Year's Eve? Not us really, my dad is coming over for appetizers and dinner - and then it's probably Greg, me and Emma with Dick Clark's Rockin Eve. Happy New Year to all of you - may 2011 be happy, healthy and prosperous for everyone!

No comments: