Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Busy Knittin'


I'm in the home stretch - Quinn's sweater just needs the hood finished and the sleeves. I'm knitting it out of Tanis Green Label in Sweetheart and it's sooooo nice. Hope the little bum likes it - she's been known to say she wants something and then won't have anything to do with it when it comes to putting it on. Liam's sweater is finished - Mission Falls 1824 Wool was the choice for his. He picked out tool buttons and I think they look really cute! Knitting Pure and Simple pattern Children's Neckdown Cardigan #981 was the pattern I used for both.
The Lovely Linda brought by 2 finished projects out of Rowan Kidsilk Haze - both Churchmouse Classic Patterns.
The first is the Two Way Ruffled Scarf which is actually a pattern for 2 scarves than can be worn seperately or together as pictured. Each scarf takes one skein of Kidsilk Haze.
The next is the Mohair Bias Loop which used two skeins of Kildsilk Haze as well. This is knit on the bias and the ends are grafted together. It's so light and can be worn doubled as a cowl or around your shoulders as a wrap. I love it!
The new Vogue came in today - Winter 2010/11 - I think it's time for tea and a browse through it to see what's in there to be knit.
I must admit I'm really looking forward to finishing up the Christmas knitting because then I can resume my affair with Jared...........oops I mean Umaro!

No comments: