Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Goals

Way back at the beginning of the year I said I had some goals - I can only remember 2 and am too lazy to go back and find out for sure. One was to quit smoking which has happened - I actually passed the 11 month mark without even noticing it. Usually I'm right on top of that so maybe it's getting easier. Well, it most definitely is - there are still times when the urge is there and sometimes really strong but for the most part I think about it less and less. It is, without a doubt, the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and has probably used up all my willpower reserves but it's worth it. I will see my 50th birthday as a non smoker who has cut her risk of heart disease by 50%. No small feat since my mother passed away at 62 from heart disease and I smoked for 30 plus years!

I also remember saying I wanted to blog more often - well, that's been kind of dismal, even I will admit. I have to blog at least 5 more times before the end of the year to beat 2009 by 1 so that's my plan. Wouldn't it be nice to blog everyday? Or maybe every other day?

On the knitting front, I am, of course, inspired to knit way too many projects before Christmas. I'm working on sweaters for Liam and Quinn -both want sweaters with hoods and buttons. I've got gorgeous mitts picked up for my aunt but I'm thinking I might switch them to my best friend because she happened to mention she wanted thrum mittens. These aren't thrum - they are to be found here - I don't know I'm just dying to knit red and white mitts - must be the season!

No comments: