Monday, June 01, 2009

Big Announcement!

See this banner? It means that Pick Up Stick is having a Knitalong and Fundraiser for the Heart Truth, a division of the Heart and Stroke Foundation. My mom died a premature death of heart disease and was plagued with unusual symptoms - none of which necessarily pointed to heart problems. By the time they figured out her heart trouble, she needed bypass surgery but the damage already done was so significant that she didn't survive it. 25% off the yarn and kits will go directly to the our drive to raise money to educate women on heart disease. We have a fundraising page here but more importantly are the knit along details.

I've commissioned a special colorway of yarn from Tanis Fiber Arts called We Wear Red AND....I have permission from Pamela Wynne of Flint Knits to use her amazing February Lady Sweater. (this is a free Ravelry download) I love this sweater and especially love that it's called February - with Februrary being heart month and all. I have kits on the Pick Up Sticks website put together by size and I also have yarn avalaible as well. My goal is that this color red will signify knitters who are concerned with women's heart health. So if a sweater doesn't fit your budget or your needs - how about a scarf or a pair of socks.

The knitalong kits will be delivered by July 1st which would have been my mom's 68th birthday and we will have knitalong evenings at the shop every Thursday evening (beginnning July 2) through out July from 6pm - 8pm. There's a Ravelry group - We Wear Red and there's a flickr group - We Wear Red to support long distance participants. As soon as I have a picture of the yarn I will post it right away - kits must be ordered by June 13th to give Tanis a chance to dye up our yarn!

1 comment:

Cathy Goldman said...

ok how do I order the yarn