Friday, May 16, 2008

Ho hum....

Look at this.........2 posts in 2 days! Must be some sort of record for me. Here I sit with a skein of Super 10 cotton on my desk and a ball of Kauni - both are taunting me. They are just begging to be knit into something. Yesterday I wound up some Kauni in preparation for this sweater but I cannot cast on because I must finish my grandmother's sweater. Actually, the list of things to finish extends way beyond just that one sweater - there's also my Sock Wars III socks which now must be frogged because I'm afraid my gauge is off and I don't want to disappoint my target. Don't worry Dora I am going to send you a pair of socks regardless of what happens with this crazy game I decided to play???? There's also the Blue Sky Alpaca Silk Shrug which is gorgeous but consists of miles and miles of stockinette to be finished by 6 (yup! 6)inches of ribbing.....urrrrr! Oh and the Super 10 cotton - well, I want to make the Bacardi sweater from No Sheep For You but don't have the book and am currently fighting the urge of racing to Chapters to buy it! Or maybe I'll make this cuz I can cast on right away - no driving to get the pattern. What the heck is wrong with me?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry I was a no show on Wednesday. I fell asleep on the couch not long after telling you I was coming. I have No Sheep For You if you ever need to borrow it. Or is the offer too late and you a)already made the drive or b) cast on the other project. Let me know and I will bring you the book if you need it.

Dora said...

No worrying at all here. I am just amazed by all the knitting you have going on and still running a store.

I was more concerned that you get your sweater knit for your Grandma before you finish those socks. Not that I didn't want you to kill me off but that sweater is just so great that Grammy needs it in time for her birthday (it was her birthday, right :)