Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hello....helllllooooo!

Ok - Lynn - Sarah - here's the post! No need to worry I'm still alive but busy, distracted, worried, happy, sad.........you name it, I've been it this past month and a half. I'll start with the present and work backwards.........first, our Yarn Crawl last Saturday! Here's our little group from Pick Up Sticks - I stayed behind at the shop and rumor has it, they had a blast!


From left is Sarah with Oscar the Boxer, Meghan, Angela, Claire, Carol, Lisa and Vel.


My dear, dear grandma has been very ill. She's been in the hospital for about 3 weeks altogether in the last month which has kept me with her instead of at the shop or at home. She's home again now, but is still weak and hopefully, will just keep getting better. Her platelet count dropped to below 10 which left her at a big risk for bleeding or stroke - she's been on Prednisone to try and boost her count but it keeps going up and down. I'm extremely close to my grandmother and I'm truly worried sick - she's a very bright, alert and up until now active 88 year old. I cannot stand the thought of losing her but at the same time don't want her to spend the rest of her life in and out of the hospital. This is all compounded by the fact that my 'other' family and I do not see eye to eye on things - they think she's old, and I think I don't care how old she is, I want the same care for her as if she were 38. I've called my grandmother every single day for the last 11 years - sometimes more than once a day and now I find myself wondering what I'll do when that is not an option. We've talked about her death, my grandmother and I and she tells me, never to be sad when she's gone because we've had a wonderful relationship which few have the chance to share. And it's true.........I'm lucky but still....


Prior to my grandmother's hospitalization..my husband's uncle died suddenly which led to 2 trips to London Ontario and then my brother-in-law's parents were in a car accident in Guelph.....really, since we've been back from Florida (which was wonderful, with terrific weather and terrific yarn shops!)we've been dealing with some kind of family crisis or another.....


But now I'm back so let's move on to happier stuff.....

I've been knitting....a Tulips for my Grandmother's 89th Birthday ...this May 22! - almost done the body!



Pascoalina gets a chart reading lesson from Lisa and......

And Mary completed and wears her Alpaca Silk Cardigan - it's fabulous and so is she!

No comments: