Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Handspun update


I finished plying my singles - one of them turned out really well and the other one just would not co-operate but I was tired and forcing myself to keep going. Here's the details: approx. 285 yds
of 12 WPI which puts it somewhere between a dk and worsted. I think I'm just going to make a garter stitch shawl with it. Emma has been after me for one to cuddle up in while she watches tv and using my own handspun will make a real keepsake for her, I think.
I finished 198 Yards of Heaven - finally! - out of 185 yards of Merino Silk Aran by Sweet Georgia in Wetcoast Winter. This colorway is all loaded up online now - it's a Special Edition that celebrates the 2010 Olympics! I was able to do the whole pattern except for the last 2 rows and you can't tell at all.
My Olympic knitting is underway and behind schedule. I cast on Friday night but then spent Saturday completing 198 Yards. This is Nefertiti Wrap in Sweet Georgia Cashsilk. Lace knitting is not my favorite so this is a stretch for me. The feel of this yarn going through my fingers makes it all worthwhile. If you don't have any - you should get yourself some. There some new Wetcoast Winter in Cashsilk as well.

3 comments:

Monika said...

Your handspun is looking good. I like the colorway! I also like the lace weight colorway you use for your Olympic knitting, very beautiful! I don't like real lace weight much, so I mostly use fingering weight for my lace knitting. :o)

Anonymous said...

Need another Olympic project blog update..
Clare

Anonymous said...

Need another Olympic project blog update..
Clare