Monday, November 23, 2009

Bloggity, blog, blog, blog

It's not that I don't have anything to blog about - it's just taking the time to organize my thoughts and get the photos I need. Let's see....first up is my Fiddlehead mitten in just 2 colors of Tanis - Shadow for the background and Stormy for the contrast - Deep Sea will be the lining. It was while snooping on Ravelry that I got this idea after seeing lots of these mitts in more sedate combos. I'm not sure exactly how much it's going to take - but it looks like 3 skeins - I'll keep you posted on that.


This is the jacket on the cover of Fall Interweave 2009. Linda knit it in Donegal Tweed and I am absolutely in love with it. The yarn is amazingly soft considering how it feels in the skein. It fits me perfectly and I'm sure it will see tons of wear considering the weather we are having.....speaking of which I'm kinda missing the snow, aren't you?
There's lots of the way - a brand new kit from Tanis Fiber Arts, more Fiddlehead Mitten kits, a brand new yarn from Tanis, some mink/cashmere yarn, Sweet Georgia yarns, Pigeon Roof Studios Fibre - it's shaping up to a wonderful season - yarn wise that is! Oh one more thing - rug hooking kits are leaving Nova Scotia today so I should have them by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely jacket and great colours for the mitts. I am still working on mine.
Clare