Friday, November 21, 2008

New Obsessions

Obsession #1 Ok I could not stand Lisa talking about the Twilight books any longer so now I am about 1/2 way through the first book. And...I really do like it - for the most part, Lisa and I are polar opposites when it comes to reading and a book that's found in the Tween Section of the bookstore would never appeal to me but I've caught the Edward bug. And of course, am fighting with myself to stop by Chapters on the way home to get the rest of the series. Why is it that I have to have whatever it is I plan for the future? Particularly, when it comes to yarn and books. You'll notice no where on my blog list of books is this book entered....never in a million years would I have thought I'd like it. Apparently, it's already surpassed Harry Potter 2007 book sales - now that's something!

Obsession #2 - This hat from Son of a Stitch n Bitch. This is the second one completed and I'm on the third now. I made a couple of changes to the pattern for this one and the next one is different again. I love this hat because the basic measurements of it seems to work for any man's head and since I've decided to knit a hat for all the men in the family this Christmas - it's a good one. I'm using Berrocco Inca Gold for all of them - it's
a dream to knit with and 3 skeins will give you two hats with the color changes.
Not an obsession but a very nice gift from my husband. It's a working carousel that plays Christmas music and regular music. It now adorns the window of the shop and looks very charming. It will be especially nice at night because the little lights flash in time to the music. My mother loved carousels and collected all kinds of them. I saw this one a few weeks ago at Costco and it actually took my breath away because I knew that if she were still alive, I definitely would have gotten it for her for Christmas. Instead, Greg surprised me with it last night. He's a keeper!

No comments: