Friday, November 07, 2008

Lots to blog about.....

I can't believe the last time I blogged was last Wednesday - RogersTV did arrive and the interview is over. It was alot of fun and will be airing from November 17-November 23 at various times throughout the day on York Region Living. See the camera - Mike turned on the lights and everything to make it look all official. I cannot wait to see it!



We had lots of knitters turn up - here's Wannietta, Amanda and Karen - thanks so much for coming!


Joanne had a health worry recently and we all pitched in to knit this shawl for her - it's made out of 4 skeins of Misti Alpaca Handpaint and worked on by all of us Knit Night knitters! The gauge turned out to be very interesting, indeed but a good blocking by Mary set all the stitches straight!




And I'm knitting (not enough though) - with the new Maiden Hair yarn from Handmaiden - have you tried it? You should! You really, really should! Silk yarn wrapped with mohair??? Are you kidding me? This stuff is pure genius! The colorway I'm using is Woodland and the pattern I'm knitting is the Aspenglo Wrap from Sunflower Designs. Part of Susan's Aperatif collection (patterns are on her right sidebar) - it's gorgeous, simple and looks spectacular. It is a gift for my aunt for Christmas.
My Noro sweater got finished (I'll take pictures next time I wear it) and I've started an Einstein Jacket as a gift for someone - using Noro Iro. No pictures of it yet.

No comments: