Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Last Week was....

my birthday (Feb.22) - at our Knit Night, Lisa surprised me with a cake!

As usual we were packed to the rafters with knitters - although not everyone showed up and if the regulars ever show up all at the same time on the same night we will be spilling out into the street!



Here is Mary and Cathy - Cathy is opening a new business up the road so just stopped in for a break and a piece of cake!







Here's Jennifer sitting all by herself, concentrating on her hat! Can you see that fantastic scarf she's wearing - it's Tilli Tomas Disco Lights which will be shipped this week to Pick Up Sticks! Yeah! Angela, Lisa, Clare and Sarah gave me two skeins of Disco Lights in Pink for my birthday - gorgeous!





Here's Lisa and Carol - Carol was our first Learn to Knit student and now is just finishing off a great pair of socks for her husband!







Here's Vel, Sheila and Sherry - all busy knitting away!



Thanks to everyone who stopped in or phoned with birthday wishes! I was so thrilled!


There's also lots of new samples knit up in the store so if you have a chance to stop by and check them out you should.


This is a cute top knit by Angela from Mirasol Hacho - I've had my eye on this since the pattern and yarn arrived back in September! Sorry for the duplicate pictures but I could not figure out how to remove one of them. I can usually remove something I don't want removed but far be it from me to actually get this blogger thing to do what I want it to.


Here's my second Lucy in the Sky from Laura Chau knit from Dream in Color Classy in Flamingo Pie -ooooh but I love this color! I knit this same sweater for my sister in law for Christmas! Great pattern!



Here's some engineering genius from Perl Grey. This little green baby is Jane - it's a crossover croppy kind of sweater that is so cute - not cute for my body but really cute on someone small - it was knit by Linda who is a wonderful customer! Her husband asked us to get her to knit for the shop so she wouldn't buy so much!











This is Jo also from Perl Grey. I've discovered that I like to knit things that don't come together in the traditional way - it's much more interesting to be knitting and wondering how on earth the designer of the pattern is going to bring it all together and actually have a sweater at the end. This sweater started out with 2 narrow rectangles and has progressed to a wider body and one sleeve - the side seams are even grafted in some new fangled way. It's pure fun to knit! The neck is still on stitch holders - who knows what I'll get to do there? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been on someone else's blog before! The fame might go to my head! See you tomorrow with something that is straight knitting so I don't rip out more than I knit! Jenn

Anonymous said...

I see those stick have been working - very nice models.
Clare