Thursday, April 30, 2009

To Do List

There are lots of things on my to do list today but the first and most important, in my humble opinion, is to blog. We've been recovering all week from the Knitter's Frolic. We were super busy from first thing in the morning right until it ended. Sarah, Lisa and I had a blast - it was so fun to see all those familiar faces! Here are the doors before it even opened - so many knitters!



Then there's our booth - 2 quick shots from Sarah's Blackbird (I mean Blackberry - might have to get me one of those!) Check out the Tim Horton's coffee - nothing like Timmie's to get the day started right!















Sales were amazing - our two top sellers were the wrap from the cover of the current Debbie Bliss Magazine. Our sample was knit from Baby Bamboo which is cheaper but exactly the same yarn! $48 gets you this amazing wrap! Next was the Leaves of Grass wrap knit out of Melody Superwash in Christmas Wreath. $30 includes pattern for this beauty!


Now of course, I did some personal purchasing -I mean - really, who could help themselves? However, I was really quite restrained in terms of other years. Just one small skein of Socks that Rock in Lettuce Knit Colorway and the oh so popular Reisenthal basket. Do I need another knitting bag, basket, container? No but who could resist that one?
And I was also able to purchase some store stock from two of my favorite Indie Dyers! It was also really great to meet both Trish from Indigo Moon and Tanis from Tanis Fiber arts. Here's some Indigo Moon Sock -
and some new DK weight from Tanis Fiber Arts.
Don't forget that there's a Yarn Crawl next weekend - May 9th. Six stores are participating with lots of sales and lots of goodies! Pick Up Sticks is opening at 9 am with coffee and treats for all the crawlers. Here's a map of the route!

No comments: