Friday, September 07, 2007

Ahhh!


So it's Friday, I'm exhausted - no sleep! Well, I do have time to sleep but I keep wondering what the next day will bring at the shop so those thoughts wake me up way too early! I must say though, there is no other place I'd rather be - I'm growing very attached to being here. We had our first SnB on Wednesday night, lots of laughs - I said I would likely get a call from the landlord asking what exactly we sedate knitters were doing with all the hooting and hollering! My little sign guy (Ben, 23 and cute, cute, cute!) actually asked me if young people knit - he's a
silly boy because he asked this of three late thirties, mid forties women with pointy sticks in their hands.


Here's the inaugural group of Pick Up Sticks Chicks! (to the left and above) See Ben - chicks - we're chicks as in young chickens!

Lisa (my sister) and assistant extraordinaire finished her second thrum mitten for the shop but didn't want her picture taken! Nice mitt! I love working with my sister - we have lots of fun and lots of laughs. After the SnB, I was really tired and she wanted to know if I was going to actually stop the car to let her out at her driveway. Nope - tuck and roll Lisa, tuck and roll!
Angela knit the shop a baby surprise jacket out of Classy Dream in Color - gorgeous!
Next week there will be quite a bit of updating online - more Apple Laine including new colors, Oceanwind Knits in Premium Superwash Merino and Suri Silk, the debut of Red Corset Designs Osmosis and the Spotlight of the Week which will be Blue Sky Alpacas Hand Dyed Worsted, bulky and suri merino. I'm knitting this and oh my, oh my, oh my! You gotta get some!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Late thirties?

I'll be 29 for another 7 months (longer, if I can pull it off), thank you very much.

~A

Lacey said...

I am so glad the opening of your store was a great success. I think I am going to find a SnB around here. What fun!!!