Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So....

apparently, there will be no eulogy - the church does not allow them. Same church as my grandmother where I was allowed to say a eulogy but now there's new clergy so no - they won't allow it. Perhaps I suggested, they should just bury everyone together on the same day since there will be nothing personal about the funerals. I'm pissed.....and of course, there's nothing I can do which does not sit well with a personality like mine.

I started a new sock last night - a nice self striping by Biscotte et cie but nothing is really working for me at the moment. I feel like I can't get comfortable - not watching tv, not knitting, not reading - I'm just so restless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he is being buried, have the eulogy at the grave. Even if it can't be now (too cold), you can have a small service in the Spring. It may not be what you envisioned, but it will allow you to have your tribute to your Grandpa. It's a shame about the clergy.
Pat R.

Cynthia A. said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Connie. No wonder that you cannot settle, you must be feeling rather emotional about the funeral on top of the turmoil of losing a loved one. The church clergy sounds rather rigid, and is not being very supportive for your family - which is such a shame as that is a role that it is meant to fulfill. I hope that you find that opportunity to share your intended eulogy with your friends and family that day, even if not at the official service.
Take care.

Creativehands said...

"Knit on with hope and confidence through all Crisis."
EZ