Monday, June 12, 2006

Finally an update!

I'm still alive - we had a very busy weekend. Our WWKIP Day was a smashing success! I will be posting pictures shortly - as usual, I didn't have my digital camera but Fiona took tons of pics and is going to email them to me. I do have some progress on my toe up sock - it's all ready for the next class on Thursday.

Notice the ends of my needles - they are those tubes that go on the end of flowers - they are great for holding DPNs together. Thanks to Cheryl from the SnB for the great idea!



And here is my Koigu lace shawl. This project consumes me - whenever I'm knitting anything else other than this I am horribly resentful. I just want this finished and to be able to wear it.

Today is going to be a lazy day - I'm going to take my knitting outside to our deck and enjoy the weather.

It's only 2 weeks until the teenage boy goes to Korea. And that blanket is not yet finished - in fact, I've decided to shorten it by two sections to get it done. I was reading the Yarn Harlot last night and she was writing about Christmas knitting/deadline knitting and how you know you are in trouble when you start making changes to some of your projects. Seems I have all the characteristics of a compulsive knitter.

No comments: